Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Diapers, Diapers, Diapers

If your a mother or any parent or caregiver you know that diapers are the most used item in a babies life.  You would think someone would find a way to make it cheaper but in reality they seem to be making them more expensive.  It has been my husband and mine's goal to find the cheapest diapers possible.  We have price compared at Walmart, Diapers.com, and Smith's come to find out online is cheaper than going to the store to buy them.  The reason they are cheaper is that you can buy more in bulk and if you spend enough then you can receive free shipping which makes it even better.  We have found diapers as cheap as 15 cents a diaper!  This is my advice, look at the price per diaper and not the amount of diapers in a package or the overall price.
We recently found these white cloud diapers (at Walmart), unknowingly that they were premium diapers, they were 15 cents a diaper.  I didn't even know what a premium diaper was until they got here, but oh my goodness they mean premium when they say premium.  These diapers are so soft it's incredible!  Also they are super absorbent and keep your baby dry.  Now I'm starting to sound like an advertisement for these diapers but they are so amazing I thought I'd share my awesome affordable find with those of you out there reading this.
Changing diapers has got to be one of the things I like the least but luckily our baby doesn't seem to mind at all, in fact he prefers to have the diaper off and be naked, and oh my he is so cute when he's naked.
No matter what kind of diapers you like or your baby likes there is always a way to find them cheaper, but search online first.  The store charges more than you should spend willingly and we are all trying to save money these days so save the $$ and get nice cheap diapers.

6 comments:

  1. What about cloth? Aren't they cheaper than disposable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked into cloth diapers only to find that the starting up price is super expensive! I was looking at around $300 just to get started and where we are poor we couldn't afford the initial cost. Also where we don't have our own washer and dryer that would also make it hard to wash as often as would be necessary.
      Maybe on our next baby we will revisit the option when we have our own place.
      Sam and I were just talking about this like as I'm writing this and we were also talking about how you need to take into account the extra laundry soap you'd use, the more laundry you do the more your water goes up, also you'd need to pay the start up price every time the child changes sizes (which I hadn't ever really thought about, but wow) so overall I think we'll just stick with disposable for now and try and get the baby potty trained as soon as we can.

      Delete
    2. There has to be a way to buy used - DI or mommy group? And, compared to $.15 a diaper, the water and soap are negligible. Start-up and lack of dedicated machine would be the main hindrance, I think.

      Delete
  2. Love it! I've already started looking for cheap diapers. The cheapest ones I have found are the Walgreens brand ones. About a year ago, I bought some for only 5 cents per diaper! I would have gotten WAY more if I had known that we would be having a baby soon! They have sales there though, quite often and you can sometimes get them for 10-12 cents per diaper. Not too horrible! I'm totally with you on trying to save money on diapers! I was also thinking I would cloth diaper until we found out that Rivers would have to stay in the NICU. Now I'm just going to wait and see before thinking about cloth again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about looking at Walgreens, good to know! Next time we order diapers we will defiantly look there :)

      Delete
    2. I heard that amazon.com was the cheapest.

      Delete